Another great meeting Sunday- despite the weather!
A few decisions/ discussion item recaps…
- Summer meetings will be on the 3rd Monday of the month at 8 pm at Heather’s. (sorry Bachelor fans)
- June 17
- July 15
- August 19
- Recipes will still be due the Friday before the meeting
- We will revisit meeting dates for the fall to determine if we return to Sunday, stick with Mondays, or agree on another option.
- Portion decisions…
- Aim for 3 pounds of chicken per meal when doing a chicken with marinade (portion may be less if chicken is just a part of the entree)
- Pizza- provide 1 large pizza. This may be a bit smaller than a 6 person meal but group consensus was this would work as families may opt to add a more kid friendly pizza to go along with the swap meal.
- I added a “portions” section to our Freezer Meal Guidelines page which include these items for future reference.
- We all committed to avoid MSG (monosodium glutamate) for all recipes/ families. If you are stuck on an ingredient in a recipe, feel free to check with me (Marci) to see if I know of an alternative/ brand.
- Linda will no longer be continuing with our group; however, our 12th spot has been filled! Kristen will be joining us at our June meal swap with a yummy pizza for you. Since there was a tie on my two pizza recipes, Kristen and I will just use those 2 recipes rather than holding a vote.
June Meal Selections
Stephanie- Pepperoni Grilled Cheese
Susan- Ham & Cheddar Cheese Dijon Sandwiches
Jill- Summer Pasta Salad
Jess- Crunchy Asian Salad
Kristen- Hawaiian Chicken Pizza Rolls
Marci- BBQ Chicken Pizza
Bethany- Mac ‘N Cheese with ham
Heather- Chicken Cordon Blue
Sara- Buttermilk Herb Chicken
Rachel- Beef & Bean Burger
Kelly- French Dip Sandwiches
Cheryl- Crock-Pot Summer Honey Chicken