I don’t know about your family but we have already enjoyed a few tasty meals from our July swap and I’m excited to heat up the grill tonight to try the Kabobs!
Below are the meals that were voted on August and your assignments for September (wow, it is hard to believe we are talking September!)
Please let Heather or me know, or comment on this post, if you have ideas for recipe categories to have/ not have when we roll out the fall categories next month.
August Meal Selections
Sara- Caprese Sandwich
Rachel- Cuban Sandwich
Kelly- Mexican Chicken Salad
Cheryl- Chicken Orzo Salad
Stephanie- Broccoli, Ham, Alfredo Pizza
Jill- Taco Soup
Jess- Root-beer BBQ Pork
Kristen- Juicy Lucy Hamburgers
Marci- Raspberry Chicken
Holly- Chicken Pierogi Alfredo Casserole
Heather- Chicken Tortellini
September Meal Category Assignments
Market Sandwich- Holly, Heather
Entree Salad- Sara, Rachel
Pizza- Kelly, Cheryl
Crock-pot- Stephanie, Susan/Brad
Grill- Jill, Jess
Your Choice- Kristen, Marci
Oops, there was a typo in the most recent post. The bread had a “use by” date of July 20th not June 🙂
Hi, All –
Wanted to check in quickly about one of our July meals, the Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches. We’ve heard from a couple folks that there was some mold on the bread. Cheryl, of course, is appalled, as she had bought the bread the Thursday before swap, had it in the freezer and it had been dated with a “use by” date of July 20th – 5 days after our swap. If your bread isn’t good, and you’d like to hold the beef part of it in the freezer for a bit, Cheryl is happy to replace the bread at our August swap. Just shoot me a quick email or leave a comment below so that she knows how much bread to pick up.
Also, if anyone knows of another situation where the gift of meals would be helpful, please keep me posted and we’ll post about it prior to the August swap. Thank you! Hope everyone is enjoying the July meals… we had Jill’s Salami and Spinach Pizza for dinner tonight, and it was a hit!
Hi, All –
Can you believe that the July swap is already almost here? Feels like the last month has flown by! We’ll be meeting at my house from 8-9 pm next Monday, July 15th. A few things:
– Just a general reminder that all entrees should provide for 6. Our freezer swap meals are indended to be the main dish, so when in doubt, please choose to be generous!
– Cheryl is planning to bring both her June and July meals to the swap, so you’ll be bringing two meals from her home on Monday.
– Jill contacted me about a situation at her workplace where the gift of meals would be really appreciated. Jill works in the US office of the Children’s Shelter of Cebu, a child caring ministry in Cebu City, Philippines. Her co-worker, Roger, is the book keeper. Roger and his wife, Jane traveled to Thailand last fall to volunteer teach English for a month. A week before they were scheduled to return home to Minnesota, they were riding in a bus down a mountain side when the brakes went out and the bus crashed into the mountain. Jane sustained a serious spinal cord injury. She was hospitalized for six months and underwent multiple surgeries. She is wheelchair bound and it is unlikely she will ever walk again. She has finally returned home but requires 24 hour care. They are sweet and caring people who have always volunteered their time for others. It would be great to offer them a few extra meals. If this works for you this month, Jill would be happy to bring meals to them after our swap next week. Also, if it doesn’t work to make an extra meal this month, but you have one from a prior month still sitting in your freezer waiting to be enjoyed, that would be a great gift instead!
– Anyone have any encouraging feedback on some of the meals your family especially enjoyed this month? Leave a comment!
– Please be thinking a bit about our categories for the fall. Do you have any ideas about what categories you would love to have included, or ones you think we should make sure to drop? We plan to introduce the fall/winter categories with the September swap,so any feedback as we plan for that is appreciated!
– Please submit your July recipes to the blog by this Friday evening so that Marci can assemble the master recipe document over the weekend and have it ready for Monday. Thank you!
I think that’s it for now. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday!